Department: Data Operations Job Title: Sports Data Quality Assurance Manager - Oceania Reports To: Local Operations Manager - Oceania Location: Sydney, Australia
Working days: Monday to Friday
Company: Perform Content Australia
Salary: 60- 80k Australian Dollars
JOB PURPOSE To oversee the implementation, deployment and coordination of quality measures systems and certification processes for all sporting data collected in stadium across the Oceanic region, as well as oversee the integrity of current and potential new sports within the region. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To plan, implement and deploy quality systems for all sporting data collected in the Oceanic region.
- Quality & Integrity check all ‘in stadium’ game coverage for Soccer, Basketball and Cricket in the Oceania region (3500+ games annually)
- Create quality assurance reports monthly to ensure all staff are aware of performances
- Liaise with external sporting federations regarding quality/integrity systems put in place by Perform to ensure all data supplied is of the highest standard fit for public distribution.
- Deliver essential Integrity and security trainings to ‘in stadium’ analysts to ensure elimination of security risks regarding data corruption.
- Liaise with our internal Integrity and Security department regarding current updates.
- Work directly with the Local Operations Manager to devise local strategies to manage risk, integrity and in stadium analyst wellbeing, as well as to support external relationships regarding obtaining media accreditations and ensuring consistent communications are adopted within the region and as a company we maximize official stadium access where appropriate.
- Oversee the quality standards of recruitment, training and overall management of freelance and employed analysts whose key tasks are the in-stadium collection of soccer, basketball and cricket related media information across the region.
- To ensure ‘in stadium’ data analyst teams work within local legislations frameworks regarding freelancers and employees.
- To support the Local Operations Manager in managing communications ensuring all in stadium analysts are fully aware of changes in quality procedures, systems, processes and the objectives of data operations
- Manage quality and assurance activities within agreed cost budgets – making suggestions for ways to save costs
- To undertake various projects regarding quality and integrity of the potential coverage of new sports
- To test the quality and report potential software bugs of the company sports data software (Perform Mobile Client) to ensure the smooth running of the stadium sports data collection
- To provide first level technical support for company hardware running the Perform Mobile Client sports data collection software that is used in the stadium
- Complete understanding of the entire Australia/NZ Soccer, Basketball and Cricket tier system
- Proven track record of dealing with top level national and state based sporting federations
- Thorough knowledge of betting industry integrity procedures
- Ability to work with strict QA measures and monitor individual staff KPI’s
- Experience with fast data/real time products for the betting industry
- Experience in coordinating a large staff network (100+ people) on a weekly basis
- Proven ability to plan, host and attend training workshops and conferences nationwide.
- Proven track record in recruitment and training.
- Experience in planning, implementing and organizing quality assurance systems.
- Has ideally worked in the Sports Media Sector or equivalent business within the region, preferably in a global organization.
- Fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Proven experience in working as part of a team but also the ability to work independently
- computer skills (MS Office, Internet)