Randstad is currently working with a well-known organisation in the Brisbane market to find a Systems Administrator to join their team for a contract until the end of May with the opportunity to extend past that point. This position is for a Windows Server generalist to join a high-functioning and supportive team based in Brisbane's CBD.
- Deploying Windows Server OS to a range of Dell PowerEdge server infrastructure.
- Scheduling and co-ordination activities of server replacements
- Shipping servers to their respective locations and working closely with various internal teama, regional IT support, site contacts, partners and external service providers to have the servers delivered and racked ready for capital replacement
- Ensuring that the external service providers have installed the new server as per the organisations instructions
- Providing regular updates to the organisations Internal teams (Server Administration, Assets and Network Operations) of the activities planned, completed and delayed.
- Ensure all relevant asset records are kept up to date
- Working with the Server Administration team to perform the transfer of services from the old to new infrastructure
- Performing post migration QA/support tasks
- Scheduling and co-ordination of the pick-up/reclamation activities of the old server hardware with the regional IT support or external service provider.
- General support duties, monitoring and duty rosters may be added to support the Server Administration team.
- The applicant may also be required to undertake other duties as directed by the Manager, Workplace Services
- Demonstrated ability to manage Windows Server technologies in local and wide area networked environments;
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell for infrastructure use;
- Experience with Hyper-V and advanced network teaming;
- Possess a working technical knowledge of server hardware and configuration, and networking peripherals;
- Possess a working technical knowledge of network hardware and configuration;
- Ability to deploy Departmental servers within a Standard Operating Environment;
- Ability to analyse technical processes and provide advice for service improvement;
- Knowledge of local and wide area network management;
- Strong client service delivery focus;
Interested? Apply Now!
Send your applications by clicking 'Apply Now' or send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org