At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Application Platform Support team is looking for a talented Software Maintenance Engineer to join our team in Brisbane, Australia. In this role, you will collaborate with the top developers and architects of our customers, understanding, troubleshooting, and guiding complex and important issues to resolution. You'll provide high-level technical support and sustaining engineering services designed to maximize uptime and reduce IT costs. You will maintain close working relationships with our customers and assist our front-line support engineers with complex and challenging issues. This position is a phenomenal opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies and work with the latest and hottest technologies there are.
- Use your software engineering experience to understand, troubleshoot, and debug code to ensure that the customer is able to get full value from Red Hat’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and on-premise solutions
- Support customers and partners in the use of the Red Hat 3scale API Management platforms
- Own customer-facing support cases and exceed customer expectations by providing outstanding customer service
- Maintain technical knowledge of all aspects of our technology and market
- Share your knowledge gained from troubleshooting issues by contributing to the global Red Hat knowledge management system
- Work closely with Red Hat’s development engineering team and assist production support engineers and technical account managers
- Assist in the development of comprehensive and reusable self-service solutions for future incidents
- Participate in an on-call rotation; this will include weekend coverage
- Demonstrated customer service or technical support experience; desire to go above and beyond in assisting customers
- Advanced troubleshooting, analytical, and debugging skills with a passion for problem-solving
- Ability to take ownership of issues while maintaining a high level of detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new languages and technologies
- Good knowledge of REST APIs, Git usage and workflows, reverse proxy technologies, browser developer tools, and containers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience within the enterprise IT sector
The following are considered a plus:
- Curious with a passion for learning and solving technical problems creatively
- Proven record of building relationships with like-minded associates, customers, and partners
- Experience with application coding, use of APIs, web services, and associated tools
- Knowledge of Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes, or other container tools
- Familiarity with enterprise cloud environments like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.