About the Role
Our client has a broad range of projects it wishes to deliver as part of its ICT Program of Work (POW) over the next two - three years. One of these is a strategic initiative currently underway to design and implement a new Adviser Platform (Calypso+) built upon Salesforce Financial Services Cloud.
Calypso+ involves implementing a new Client centric data model, all the capabilities an Adviser needs to efficiently and effectively deliver personalised service throughout the full Client lifecycle, as well as supporting efficient interactions and request with the BackOffice.
Calypso+ will potentially impact (through data migration) or provide the opportunity to replace, a significant number of reports currently produced across multiple systems and data sets. This role will be required to identify, analyse reports and make appropriate recommendations to rationalise, consolidate or migrate these reports. It will also play a key role in implementing these recommendations.
A key requirement of this role will be to develop an intimate understanding of key requirements and business problems, processes and opportunities for each of the Projects and to contribute to developing and defining solutions that enable our client to achieve the business goals and objectives for each.
This role will work as part of the Projects Team and with the relevant implementation vendors to undertake required Business Analyst duties to ensure project outcomes are successfully delivered.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills at all levels and ability to proactively elicit and manage business and functional requirements;
- Demonstrated experience as Reporting Analyst including modern reporting tools and technologies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytical and reporting writing skills;
- Effective problem solving and lateral thinking skills;
- Aptitude for data analysis; including reporting analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with technical and project specialists to develop and implement solutions as required. Candidates must be able to provide examples of where they have work successfully as part of a team and individually;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Practical experience working with a number of project methodologies including Agile;
- Demonstrated experience operating in a dynamic, high pressure business environment;
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage time and prioritise workload; and
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing functional testing as part of solution implementation.
Desired, but not essential
- Experience with data modelling and warehousing;
- Previous experience in the financial services industry, and / or understanding of financial services products;
- Previous experience with the implementation of CRM based solutions to support broad business needs (particularly Salesforce);
- Sound knowledge of latest ICT technologies and trends; and
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, IT or a related discipline.
- Analyse reports generated across multiple systems and data sets, for a range of stakeholders, and make recommendations to rationalise, consolidate or redevelop based on agreed principles and reporting frameworks;
- Establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders and manage expectations;
- Work with users to formulate and document business and functional requirements and processes;
- Practical experience using range of tools such as SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams and Visio;
- Identify, evaluate and document inefficiencies and recommend optimal business practices, system functionality and behaviour;
- Develop and document high level solutions designs and functional specifications to meet business requirements;
- Contribute to creating and implementing test cases and plans to ensure acceptable quality and integrity of solutions;
- Using data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of required reports;
- Undertake ad-hoc troubleshooting and support for user queries, system issues and simple application issues; and
- Demonstrate commitment to our client's values.
- Ensure the completion of agreed project outputs to agreed timeframes and quality; and
- Ensure project documentation complies with our client's project standards, are of high quality and easily understood by the business.
For more information please call Renee Clayton at u&u on 07 3232 9127, quoting reference number 17482. Alternatively, to submit an application, please click below.
Please submit your resume in Word format only.